NEWS: Because the DLR is in the C#/Roslyn team (since before C# 4.0), the DLR moved to github and is now fully open source
The sources for DLR pieces that shipped only on codeplex and never with Visual Studio / .NET remain here and are actively developed at
. The sources for the pieces that did ship with Visual Studio / .NET are spread across the .NET open source projects and Roslyn.
Please communicate, open bugs, contribute code, etc., at
The Dynamic Language Runtime enables language developers to more easily create dynamic languages for the .NET platform. In addition to being a pluggable back-end for dynamic language compilers, the DLR provides language interop for dynamic operations on objects.
The DLR has common hosting APIs for using dynamic languages as libraries or for scripting in your .NET applications. This project provides one stop shopping for the DLR components, our open source implementations of IronPython and IronRuby, documentation,
- Stable Release:
- Get the latest sources -- The latest sources can be downloaded by going to the "Source Code" tab at the top. You can also use Team Explorer from inside Visual
Studio for a richer view of source history.
- Bug reports - use the 'Create New Item' link on the Issue Tracker page
- Join the DLR Discussion list - on the discussion tab in this project, click on the 'get email notifications' link
- See this
page for more information about codeplex mailing lists
- Documents and specs for the dlr are available (check here for most up to date copies)
- DLR in the news! Known recent posts/articles about DLR
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions, comments, or feedback.